August 8, 2009

HAPPY B'DAY S'PORE!












I may not be one of the earliest in posting this congratulatory message I believe, but yeah. so here goes:

HAPPY 44th STICKY & SWEET & SUCESSFUL AND SAFE BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!!

I really hope Singapore will shine as a flaming Red Dot in the maps, in future to come. Let it achieve more significance and status throughout the worldwide population, and then hopefully, grow to a bigger land. Haha, I think that would only happen very very far away from now. I just want to see Singapore shining like a beacon, and not forgetting its historical roots, in order to surpass everything else. I really wish NDP can revert back to its previous glorious days at the National Stadium, instead of the current Marina Bay. Its smaller, which has greatly reduced the amount of people actually experiencing the parade. I still remember the times when the WHOLE stadium roared and rejoiced when seeing all the performances, and the more symbolic Kallang Wave!!!! Well... ... I dunno, maybe it's a different feeling, but it seriously can be better if the Stadium was still used for the celebration. I mean, come on.

Ok, so more about my idol. Madonna's going to hit stores soon, with 2 major releases that will DEFINITELY be patronized by me.

1. The Ultimate Greatest Hits collection: Celebration

This album will definitely include a few new songs, as well as everything being digitally remastered. One of the newest songs from Madonna is "Celebration", seemingly the name of the greatest hits compilation. It's kinda groovy, with that familiar oh-my-madonna voice that penetrates right into my heart. It's not exactly really satisfying with the lyrics (like copied and pasted from old songs into the new one), but really, its really a catchy tune.

Another song was named "Revolver", but they have not leaked out yet. I think it'll be a more sexier and R n B feel to it, just like 4 minutes.
Then there's this "Broken", no idea, but I'm thinking along the lines of a sad blues.

Perhaps. You may never know how the Queen of Pop may twist the whole thing around, like what she did with "She's Not Me" in the Sticky & Sweet concert. Oh my god, wasn't she Angsted and suggestive on stage during that song (and as well as for several others).

2. The Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD [Live at Bueno Aires: Argentina]

This is THE ONE I've been waiting to get my hands on. OMFG. Too long I guessed. I am absolutely tired of waiting for it anymore. It's gotta be along my shelf of her collections. MUST.

Oh my gosh... ... How I wish they'd come sooner. I've been scouring the Net for like dunno how long already, and all I've managed to find were those I felt incomplete... ... without that ultimate sense of perfection I wanted. Just waiting like mad right now. Argh~

No comments: