January 7, 2009

SUNDAY IS HELL.

I'll never forget Sunday, NEVER WILL.
Working as usual, but more frustrated this time. I have NEVER felt sooooooo f**king insanely mad with anger like this AT WORK. Ok, so I came in at 12 exactly, so it was considered late for a few seconds. Punched in [fingerprint laser reader], entered and then worked as central again [Since like after Alice came in, I was always nearly the central person till now, before I could actually close the section in which I should be working as. Eg.> working as a cashier for the day, but ended up doing other things...till night, then could I touch cashier when I did closing. Odd isn't it?]. Oh, a central was supposed to be a person who runs round the store, seeing if anybody needed help, then offer it. Imagine a person scuttling round, helping crew if they cannot tahan.
I was actually fine with it initially, but it got worse as time passed by, especially after my break at 5pm. Ate with Julia, then before I knew it, it was 6pm already. The situation became mad when I was asked to do central again, and till a situation outbreak was caused by a particular person I would not like to name. He/she was supposed to be the server, and I was supposed to be a central right? How come I can end up as the server for like, 2-3 hours again?! During these hours, I was at the point of exploding with stress+anger. Yet I kept quiet. People asked if I was Ok, but I just said yes anyway... Can they tell that I am looking not OK? cause when i am stressed sometimes, they ask if i'm ok, and sometimes when i was ok, they'd ask also sia. Jen was the more sensitive one, so I guess she knew this. I wanted so much to practice kitchen for at least some time with Jen, but I could not, seeing that someone else had possessed the position as a central. I was soooooooo mad and soooooooo stressed, and with the continuous flow of people and large crowds, I was surprised why I didn't blow up. Luckily, Alice came out in the nick of time to help solve my service crisis [mixup of seating arrangements + Large crowds that had tables already. Confusing, that's all]. A short breather, but before I knew it, dishes came flying out so fast, and the piles of plates on the tables was increasing, and I couldn't split myself up into 2 persons. I managed to get by it in the nick of time, but I was shaking in rage and had abnormal breathing[the kind when you were angry, and panted excessively.] I had to fake a smile when they asked me if I was OK again. Great.
I went to the washroom to release most of my emotions, and before I knew it, I finally got to do central. Which presented another problem. The previous person did not inform the kitchen staff that the rice was decreasing! Luckily, Alice said something that relieved 50% of my stress: 'Let Murphy do central la, the poor boy has been servicing since he started work.'
Do you know that, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RICE IN YOUR RICEPOT LEFT, AND IF IT IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A PEAK PERIOD FOR DINING, THE CONSEQUENCES IS DISASTROUS? Imagine an ice cream store without any ice cream, and you'll know what I mean. Alice was soooooooooo mad that I can't find words to describe it. Blame it on that person, who was so damn careless not to inform that he had used up the last pot of rice in the reserve! And he still had the cheek to actually talk so much over other stuff. During that period of time, people were still flooding us with orders, and queues were still piling up like mad. We were frantic, and had to conserve our resources left: the instant rice packets heated via microwave. And one packet was like the size of a cake, barely enough for a bowl of rice. Poor Julia, who was supposed to dock off at 5, was compromised to stay till 9pm, just because of that mistake. I did my best, and so did anyone else la. Finally the situation stabilised, and Whew, was I GLAD! Went home after I changed @ 10pm, then the whole thing ended.
Try not to do the thing you are not confident of if you can't. And it's a second time, so... please do what the pros say. NOT TRYING to cricticize, but just no offence meant, if you ever read my blog. I'm just damn PISSED the whole day. :(

No comments: