August 17, 2009

Working in Foodcourt

Working in a foodcourt dishing out orders to waiting customers isn't really easy, but somehow easy in a way. That's contradictory, but isn't how life follows this pattern? Anyway, it was fun working in foodcourt outlets (Pepper Lunch). There's significantly lesser work areas, like the complete exclusion of SERVICE, but there's added stress when customers have to wait fo their orders in front of your face. I did dish-up, and holy goodness, it's really scary how the orders fly out of the kitchen through that seemingly small opening in the glass. It's fast, but I need seriously more time working there if I want to train up my dish-up skills. Every order comes with a soup, which adds the workload to dish-up, and the cashier should really walk out to the queue and directly allow customers to order. It's fun, but I really sort of screwed up and made someone extremely fed up that same day.

''[T_T]''

I can see it. And I'm kinda scared when that happens. Really made the rest of my day a moody one. Like, I know it's my fault and I am really careless, but I am really sorry when I made the ruckus. And I can't make it up, but continue with the work ahead of me. I made 2 wrong orders, with only one correct order in between them. I feel that I'm so dumb and f***ing useless when it happened. But seriously, when I confirmed whether its teriyaki double salmon (when it should've been teriyaki chicken and salmon), the customer actually nodded his head at me. Partly because I am careless (the previous restaurant menu no.11 WAS teriyaki salmon with egg), but should he carry a bit of the responsibility for actually nodding at what I confirmed? I don't really know. I feel rather klutzy when I was at Isetan or at Great World City. Should I continue working? I don't really know now. I admit I can really work well at certain times, like for Service or Cashier, but somehow, I just can't break beyond this invisible barrier that's labelled 'speed' for my case. I just can't do it. I seriously need more working hours to train that aspect up. Or should I? Holy goodness. I need time to think.

On a completely irrelevant note, I should be studying and mugging furiously for my exams, but somehow, I am sidetracking to blogging and facebooking. This is bad. I should get some food and then settle down to mug like hell. Oh, how I hate Food Chemistry and Food Marketing. How am I gonna drill them into my brains, I have no clue. Just hope to get them fully absorbed.

To the passerby that tagged on my tagboard, I appreciate your opinions. But don't go off thinking we are really that bad. We are still a class after all, and will not be reduced to that level such that we are so screwed up. Yes, you may say that we have no bonding whatsoever or we are not like a class completely, but we are STILL a class. There are certain things that outsiders do not know, so please mind your words can you? Not to say that what you've expressed isn't totally wrong, but I do hope that you can take back what you've said about our class being screwed up. That is seriously not something for you to just express it your own way. Thank You.

Bye readers, and I hope I can improve my GPA this semester.

No comments: