October 10, 2010

I love the past few months. Nothing beats them.


Started first with the attachments. It's what I think of as a 180 degree turn directly from schooling. At NYP.
When at IAP, I realized that the education is very much different from reality, in terms of the real, working world. Somehow, the things learnt at school always seemed to be superficial, though deep and thorough. They can never compare to what we'll be preaching in the future. I can see that very clearly. 


I've gone throught IAP. It was fabulous. I made a new group of close, genuine colleagues that I'll swear I'll never lose contact of. They really made my day in the 'gloom' at F&N IPL-QC.


I reignited my flame of passion for working in Pepper Lunch, now at a higher intensity. Now I'm getting stuck more and more in the freaking Kitchen, for god's sake. :-) It's a happy note, not to confuse you peeps. Work is an eriching experience for me. I love how clean I keep my kitchen during closing. Hehehe. I'm thankful that I have this kind of clean-freak in me. Now my pay raised to $5.50 per hour already. Though small, I appreciate it.


Also, I have a fair share of experience achieved by working at Popular Book Fair event at EXPO. Loved my HODs. They are fun people. Sy and Jacq. I'll never forget them as well. Found out from Jacq that I am surprisingly strong when I appear to be the weakest. Especially when I do pallet packing. Hehehe. That one I have to admit. Don't ever underestimate skinny power. Well, she even said I have good performance. Well, one thing that I'm sure is that I probably won't go back to this line, especially with this kind of stale pay rate and gazillion number of rules and regulations. Hah.

I FINALLY SPLURGED AFTER WHAT SEEMED LIKE AN AEON!!!
I bought my bag. Though its not the Oh-branded-goods-glitter-in-front-of-my-eyes bag, I believe I'll love it as much as those who need one such bag. ;-)


Looking forward to my new specs, and new hair colour. Oh, and new shoes, even!!!

OMG, I forgot about my plans for a new wardrobe.

No comments: