April 7, 2010

Hweet!

I had started my lab session for FYP yesterday!!!

Okay. I took some bit of time to get all my barang-barang equipment. I saw my stock of chocolate. all in foil packets of red, and big, big blocks they were. (^o^)V ANd then there were unsalted butter, and the usual cocoa powder. I carried the whole carton to another lab: The lab for FYP.

I took loads of time to actually write, plan and describe in the lab notebook. So kia-su, now that I think of it. Huh, as if I was trying to go to a war. CHOCOLATE WAR...

Then I started to go wrong... I started melting the chocolate and forgot to actually melt the butter (to liquid) and pour in cocoa powder. Anyway, I think 40g of cocoa powder is enough to kill anyone with that bitterness. So I poured out the excess cocoa powder (haven't melted) and left a coating of it only. I don't want to make someone puke on my first attempt XP

Then, it was going wrong with the timings here and there. forgot when to add butter (I never checked on this), and cocoa powder, ended up with wrong measurements and things like that. HAIYO~ I even forgot to take out 1/4 of the chocolate for the reserve later. I don't know what went on in my head, dang it. Luckily I took it out before it completely melted.

But, oh, it was fun I swear. Seeing the chocolate initially made me LOL, cause it DOESN'T seem to be melting at all. Only a minute later the did I see some cocoa powder actually clumping and becoming wet and sticky. Cause if I placed the bowl of chocolate in direct heat, I think I will really produce 'chao-da' chocolate already. Then it melted... and melted... and melted... and melted... for I think about 30 minutes before everything was completely molten and liquid. YAY. Now I can melt chocolate like a pro.

*Sidetracks: I am irritated by people who have nothing better to do and comment so much of their encounters. And don't think flaunting off what you've got/had is being appreciated. I completely despise it. Like as if the whole world needs compulsory knowledge of you having/getting something. And before you comment on other people about their well-being, do the same thing to yourself before doing it. You'll find out that you are as equally gross as them. Oh please, for goodness sake... ... ... ... just shut that trap of yours. *Glares*

And so, let's move on with the wonders I had with making chocolates.

I got to the stage where I nearly burnt my chocolate. I forgot to skillfully control the temperature, so it kinda exceeded what was supposed to be. But some part of it was really satisfactory. I moulded my chocolate in a ceramic bowl, but I can't get the f**king chocolate out LOL. In the end I scraped it off. Might as well not mould it anyway. BUT I happened to get a piece with that luxurious, mirror like shine to it!!! Seriously not bluffing!! Even though my temperatures were exceeded, I still managed to produce that shine!!! It's like : WOW.

Slow melting in Progress... HAHAHA quoted from Häagen Daaz
I think I'll let the pictures speak for now. :P














Woooo. Look at that gloss. Seductiveeee
















Whatever the chocolate is set in, it will have the counter-mirror image
of the surface it is exposed to. Look at that aluminium reflection!!!















Samples... Anyone???





























I did this in a ceramic glass bowl, thus that ULTRASHINE...
WOOOOOO! Nice, like marble.
















Okay. I managed to do quite good, considering it's only my first day of practice. Even Ms. Lim said it was not bad. (X o X) V

Anyway, I just wasted 3 pages of my lab notebook for a practice session. Great.

And now I am slacking my ass off, from 10 till now. So bloody distracted and ashamed of it. I MUST GO START PRACTICE AGAIN AT 1.00PM!!!



Oh, by the way, here's 3 more images that might make you go hungry... 















Here's a squirrel looking at you right now.















AND I AM DAMN ADDICTED TO THIS
 COMBO RIGHT NOW! (Blueberry + Cranberry)


No comments: