August 3, 2008

Don being splashed by ... mineral water.

oh dear such a busy week that i have no time to blog...

now i tell you more about my work @ Pepper Lunch before the week 16 of hectic presentations.

I was like, working into the evening, and then the whole restaurant was filled with people.
Full house, to be short. The crowds were like already queuing up FOR A SEAT, not TO BUY FOOD, but still, some people still want to challenge us and defiantly queue up, as though they have a table number. I am on the verge of panic of afraid of being reprimanded by Don, and at the same time I had to be FAST! Ooops.

I was like trying to split myself into 4 parts; one for attending to the waiting customers, one for clearing the mess after customers left, one for serving the hotplates and the last one for patrolling the whole area. Don was like nagging me to HURRY UP and be a multi-tasking machine, in a loud tone, and then i was trying my best to accomodate to her wishes, but still I managed to have a taste of CUSTOMER VIOLENCE. SuCkS big time.

There was this family of about 4 who was queueing up for food without a table tag, and Don asked me to tell them to queue up at the glass panel for a seat. The mother was like, ranting about a story claiming that i HAD a seat for her in such a CROWDED situation! she left the queue and tried to find a seat in the restaurant but obviously she CAN't get one. Don then sensed the 'simmering of the curry before the boiling' and came out to reason [in a polite manner] to her. But before she knew it, the sickened lady was somehow being rude and she THREW the cup of mineral water [free from Pepper Lunch] she was sipping onto Don. Luckily she must have failed in her accuracy test, or else Don would have to change clothes. :) [Don was even kind enough to say "THANK YOU MA'AM, THANK YOU!" after she [the sickened lady] left feeling embarassed]. Don questioned me whether I forgot to tell them they needed to queue up for a table, and I said she didn't even ask me. I swear I can hear her screaming and cursing like a madwoman in the kitchen :)

Then on 1 August [i think so?], i broke a pepper bottle after bringing it into the kitchen [joining tables need to do this as we do not want customers to waste sauces!]. I dunno whether Don was joking about deducting $10 from my account for that. Later on, I missed my grip and broke... ... another thing which is the table tag [L-shaped stand, and i broke it such that it wobbles when it stands]. Don looked at me and said : "I don't care, you bring it back to the factory and solder it back for me!" :) [I think not...]

Don then told me to work on National Day and agreed, but then she said : I Know u oni wan to work because of the 1.5X salary right? :) haha she guessed it right.

No comments: